Bartley Partners has assisted hundreds if not thousands of Adelaide businesses to start up, providing a full support package that takes ideas from the planning stage to implementation.
We work directly with you to ensure you have all of your documentation, procedures and budgets sorted prior to making any decisions. There is a plethora of work to be completed prior to starting a business and a few wrong moves can end up having a very costly effect on your start up or, in some cases, bring it to total ruin.
A few examples (although hardly an exhaustive list) of assistance we have provided for clients previously:
- Helping turn your ideas into a formal business plan and cash flow budget, allowing you to obtain bank finance and have a clear strategy for the future.
- Developing KPIs for the business so you can see whether it is operating successfully or not.
- Developing a marketing strategy, putting you in touch with marketing or IT professionals where required, and having regular meetings on growth strategies.
- Setting up procedures for your staff, ensuring you know what you expect from new employees and that what you are planning to pay them is in line with employment standards.
- Work with a legal team to set up employment contracts, a HR Manual and WH&S procedures. There is a huge amount of paperwork connected to hiring employees.
- Ensure you have good quality contracts between yourself and your clients, understand the various legal and accounting issues surrounding quality control, your responsibilities under legislation, warranties etc.
- Working with you to ensure that you have adequate insurance at the best prices available. We are not insurance agents and receive no commissions for sales, but we have seen literally thousands of insurance contracts and can usually tell you if the amount you are paying seems appropriate.
- Ensure your business is set up correctly and caters for growth in scalability, tax minimisation and asset protection. For more information about our work in this area, have a look through our Entity Creation pages.
- Organising a lease, reviewing the terms and conditions, and ensuring you fully understand the obligations being imposed. We work with several excellent lawyers in this area to ensure you do not end up trapped in a financially untenable building.
- Organising Worst Case Scenario and Best Case Scenario budgets. One of the most important things when starting a new business is to know when to quit. Obviously, we hope every business succeeds, but you need to know that you and your family are safe, even if it fails.
- Work out your exit plan. If the business is successful, what do you plan to do with it? Sell it? Leave it for your children? Succession planning is an integral part of any new business setup.